Butler/Till’s vision for this position
The Senior Account Executive position is a hybrid role that includes aspects of project management, production, client service, creative execution oversight and marketing/media planning. He/she is responsible for day-to-day communication with the client(s) as well as securing/managing internal resources to execute all marketing/media plans. The Senior Account Executive performs these duties with increasingly limited supervision.
The most apt description of the Senior Account Executive is problem solver. He or she is often the “face” of Verdant to the client and it is her/his responsibility to gather and interpret client input, proactively provide solutions to stated marketing objectives, and manage cross-functional teams within the agency to deliver best in class marketing/media campaigns that are on strategy, on time and on budget. A successful Senior Account Executive at Verdant is a self-starter, enjoys working in teams, and has excellent communications skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to
- Responsible for day to day account management including structure and development of campaign action plans and driving to completion (media plans, creative briefs, project briefs, creative development, production/execution)
- Possess understanding of all media types (traditional, digital, social, experiential, etc.) in order to lead/assist in developing integrated marketing/media strategies for our clients (alongside account supervisor and/or senior management)
- Develop and manage to scope of work and client metrics; inform and present campaign performance reports as outlined in the scope of work
- Possess an understanding of the client’s business and category and build similar understanding within agency
- Engage clients in forward-looking program planning; partner with creative and media teams (and other internal/external resources when necessary) to develop these communication solutions
- Help identify and develop new business opportunities within the account
- Motivate and lead internal and external resources, build good relationships with various teams and keep them focused on quality deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Present complex information both orally and in writing
- Stay current of advertising trends (including social media, ad technologies, mobile, etc.)
- Facilitate teamwork by delegating and involving junior staff members whenever possible
- Create budget status reports and review job status reports with account director and senior management
- Assist senior management in developing proposals and gathering information for new business opportunities
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing field; agency experience is a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables), and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Independent and self-directed yet also team-oriented
- Strong project management skills; must be well-organized with ability to multi-task
- Flexible and intuitive personality who can manage complex internal and client relationships
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Account Executive may spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.